Monday, April 14, 2008

New Blood

I have found a new co-writer. Which is not easy to do. It is much more common to get in a room with someone and find that you just don't connect.

What is equally astounding to me is that he is someone I have been intimidated by for years. Well, I guess I shouldn't say "intimidated". That says more about my baggage than about him. But he's one of those music business veterans. And he's one of the cool guys. We have struck up a friendship because we go to the same church. And because he is now dating a woman I have known since childhood.

I would have never approached him about writing together. It was his idea. Two weeks later, we are working on our 5th song. Jules has joined us on the last two. I was nervous about that, as well, because I so wanted them to hit it off. I worried for nothing because his publishers LOVE our first song together. Chalk it up to good chemistry.

I don't think I truly realized how dry I was creatively until I experienced this unexpected breath of fresh air.

To experience this breath of fresh air for yourself, go to www.myspace.com/philmadeira

2 comments:

Meg said...

That's great news! Happy to hear things are going well.

Unknown said...

Those songs you gusy are writing are AMAZING! Glad you've got new air to continue your flight!

I love you and am constantly proud of and impressed by your talent and creativity!

Luh Loo!